vendredi 6 novembre 2009
you buy something from Sephora and get "premiér rides" (first wrinkles cream) samples.
Sigh.
Today is my birthday. The big 3-0.
Sure have changed in a decade.

When I turned 20, I was at military school and certainly didn't think that in 10 years I would be living in France and worse! married to a Frenchman.
When I turned 10, I was in elementary school in South America and certainly didn't think that in 10 years I would be going to a military school.
When I turned 0, I was in Virginia, and certainly didn't think anything other than "Wah!"

For kicks, here is one of my early pictures, living in Germany


Got home from work Thursday night and who was there?

Not ONE but TWO parental units who had flown over from the US for a surprise. They had planned it all with Alain and he picked them up from the airport on Thursday. They will be here for about two weeks.

Tomorrow, Saturday, most of Alain's family is coming over, to see our apartment and for a mini-party for me. Mom and Dad's visit will be a surprise.

8 commentaires:

deedee a dit…

Happy Birthday Megan! Isn't life funny...enjoy your 30's, it's a good decade :)

Toulonnaise for a while a dit…

Happy Birthday Megan!!!!!

screamish a dit…

yay!! welcome to the club!! and sooo amazing that your folks flew over, have a great day!!!

Mwa a dit…

I love that picture! It's as if you could just reach out and touch you.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the visit.

Anonyme a dit…

Happy Birthday! What a great surprise!

Ksam a dit…

Wow, what a fantastic surprise indeed. And happy birthday - mine will be coming up soon enough too - eek!

Anonyme a dit…

Happy Birthday, Megan, from an old friend. Looks like you had a great one.

Anonyme a dit…

Happy Birthday, you young thing! Enjoy your time with the family. It's good to change, it means you're alive.

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts