vendredi 16 septembre 2011



I picked up my French passport this morning. It has been ready for awhile, I received the text message saying it was available for pick-up a few weeks ago, but I didn't have a weekday free until now.


The picture is terrible, as all passport pictures are. Sigh.


The picture will haunt me until 22-08-2021.


It is a biometric passport, so when I went to apply for it, they scanned my fingerprints, then scanned them again when I picked it up. (I guess to be sure it was really me picking it up, then I don't see the point, as I could just give it to someone else as soon as I walked out the door.)



The passport pages are interesting, I'd like to take a magnifying glass and look at all the details, I'm sure they have tiny writing like the US ones do.


I'm unimpressed with the pictures on each page though. They feature each region of France, so it's pretty much just an undistinguishable blob with name of the region. I much prefer the US passport with the state seals.



Still waiting for my national ID card.

9 commentaires:

deedee a dit…

I just redid mine in September. I got my French passport, bad photo too, and I am also waiting for the ID card. Apparently, the ID card people are way behind and it takes at least two months for them to come back.

Mwa a dit…

Dual nationality - very cosmopolitan!

Samantha Vérant a dit…

OOh! Now I know who to come to when I have questions...four years from now.

Samantha Vérant a dit…

p.s. congrats!

Michel a dit…

Congratulations, that's great!

Starman a dit…

I've never seen the inside of a French passeport, hell I never really looked at the inside of my passport.

Starman a dit…

RYN "We have wireless as part of our Freebox- the combo net/tv/telephone. It works pretty well." I've wondered for a couple of years now, why doesn't FREE expand into Germany or Spain, or any other European country?

MilkJam a dit…

yea!!! glad you finally got yours!! I guess your department is a busy one because mine only took a week to get processed. I haven't had a chance to apply for the ID card yet because I have to do it in MY mairie and since we live in a village they are only open Tuesday and Friday from 14h-16h but since I finished my contract I'll go next week to get it. Should be easier to because I can present my passport as ID and not need all the other naturalization docs.
Let me know when you get yours!

Sweet Lily a dit…

Wow! Fantastic!

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts