mardi 4 août 2009
For several months now, I have been stumped as far as what to write to the Prefecture for my "lettre de un-motivation" so as to obtain my 10-year carte de sejour. Since many of you have likely already done this, please help me out. (funny or serious suggestions accepted).
Since the French are absolutely enamoured with modèles de lettre, here we go:
Monsieur le Préfet,
I am requesting, by the present, a 10-year residency card because _____(1)________. I want to continue living in this great nation because _____(2)________. In fact, nothing would _____(3)________ than to spend the rest of my days _____(4)________. My three favorite things about France are ______(5)_______, ______(6)_______, and ______(7)_______. I have contributed ______(8)_______ to the overall well-being and advancement of this country, and forever renounce _____(9)________. If you don't give me my 10-year card I will _____(10)________.
Je vous prie d'agréer, Monsieur le Préfet, l'expression de mes salutations respectueuses.
An American in Provence

4 commentaires:

Brandi a dit…

I am requesting, by the present, a 10-year residency card because I am sick and tired of applying for a card every year. I want to continue living in this great nation because I love having 5 weeks of vacation a year. In fact, nothing would give me more satisfaction than to spend the rest of my days complaining about the social system and going on Strike to get more benefits for less money. My three favorite things about France are cheese, wine, and bread, bien sur. I have contributed lots of hard earned money in the form of taxes to the overall well-being and advancement of this country, and forever renounce McDonalds. If you don't give me my 10-year card I will make lots of new French citizens.
Je vous prie d'agréer, Monsieur le Préfet, l'expression de mes salutations respectueuses.
An American in Provence

Starman a dit…

1 - I'm tired of being an illegal alien
2 - my own country has disowned me
3 - please me more
4 - thumbing my nose at all those poor slobs who only get two weeks vacation per year
5 - customer service
6 - men who pee in the street
7 - bureaucracy
8 - many hours of frustration
9 - my sanity
10 - vote for Sarkozy

screamish a dit…

I am requesting, by the present, a 10-year residency card because if I have to go back to the Prefecture and queue for the George Orwell corridor of death one more time I'll eat my own head.

I want to continue living in this great nation because of your fine red wines and Plus Belle La Vie. In fact, nothing would tittilate me more than to spend the rest of my days watching Josephine Ange Gardienne. My three favorite things about France are Rebluchon, Hercule Poirot dubbed into French, and Simone, the sexy voice of the SNCF.

I have contributed vast sums of money into the local Monsieur Bricolage industry and to the overall well-being and advancement of this country, and forever renounce my garish retro clothes that nobody will let me wear. If you don't give me my 10-year card I will probably have to run naked through Marseille smeared with aoili.

Je vous prie d'agréer, Monsieur le Préfet, l'expression de mes salutations respectueuses, Screamish.

Megan a dit…

very funny all of the suggestions so far! Keep them coming!

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts