lundi 22 décembre 2008
One thing that I love about the US is the breakfast food.
Let's do an objective comparison table between the breakfast foods of the US and of France, to see which country has the best breakfast food.
USA:
bagels with cream cheese
waffles with maple syrup, fruit, whipped cream, chocolate chips
pancakes
english muffins
omlettes
bacon
eggs
ham
sausage
cereal
oatmeal
French toast
toast
Biscuits
grits

France:
croissants


Am I forgetting something? What is your favorite breakfast food?

Alain concedes that waffles are "quite OK" but still holds out that croissants are the best and that nothing more is needed.
True that Americans cannot make croissants even if their life depends upon it, but there is such a plethora of other yummy stuff to eat.
I mean honestly, there is no contest.
When Alain and I first started dating, we would go to Sunday brunch together at the UVA dining halls. It was one of the highlights of my week.

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Megan, Soak up as much US food as you can while you're there! Happy Holidays.

Anonyme a dit…

What about the ever famous crepes?

My favorite breakfast is biscuits and gravy. Guilty pleasure.

Brandi a dit…

Amen to that. I think that the French wouldn't consider crepes as breakfast food. Waffles and crepes are "desserts" not petit dejuner. I love creamed chipped beef, chocolate chip pancakes, etc.

I love Crackle Barrel.

Starman a dit…

I'm surprised a girl from the northland would even know about grits, much less like them.

Megan a dit…

Hmm, well that wasn't an actual admission of liking them, just as a general list of breakfast foods. Don't particularly like English muffins either. And I went to the school in the south I will have you know!

Starman a dit…

Okay, we'll make you an honorary grit lover.

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts