vendredi 25 juin 2010
I did it!!

All those months of studying, all those weekends spent either in class or on the train, all those times I did something other than study (read a book for leisure, watch tv, take a nap) and felt guilty about doing something other than studying, and it all paid off in the end.

Found out this afternoon that I made it.
Not valedictorian (I knew it was highly unlikely but felt a very very slight twinge of hope) but I think I did all that could be asked of me.

Honestly, international intellectual property law in a language other than your own, is not as easy as you may think.

They didn't announce the results as I had been told, they simply posted two lists one for Patents and one for Trademarks (maybe in a few years), and everyone rushed over to try to find their name on the list.

Searching...

Pi...
Pr...

Oh no!!!! No Po....
Frantically trying to see through everyone else in front, seeing that I am clearly not under Po....
and then thinking, well maybe my maiden name...

Yep there it was
Smith, Po.... Megan.

Oh thank god!!!

Pretty much everyone who was there got it, I didn't say any tears of unhappiness. I guess those who were pretty sure they wouldn't get it didn't come.

I spent today exactly as I wanted. Went to the park and read my non-patent book for a few hours, then came back and had a big bowl of ice cream and three pretzels, then took a nap, and went to the ceremony.

After the posting of the results, there were some speeches by the professors, and they announced who had the top grades. For the patents, all three were in the accelerated group (my group) one woman had the top spot, and a man and woman shared second place. Good for them. After that, some champagne (should not have drunk those two glasses right away) followed by orange juice and some nibbles. Everyone started dispersing around 6 pm- I thought people would be going out to celebrate, but I think everyone was wiped and just wanted to get home and see their loved ones.

Goodbye Strasbourg, I've enjoyed you and sure I'll be back.

9 commentaires:

Starman a dit…

Congratulations! I never doubted you could/would do it.

Mwa a dit…

Congratulations!!!

And now a well deserved holiday.

Uncle David a dit…

Youpi! You should be proud: the task of mastering a technical-legal area in a foreign language is immense to my way of thinking. Hope you have the chance to celebrate and savor the relief and accomplishment!

Anonyme a dit…

Congratulations!! Now you can get back to your lovely world in the south. And you can catch up on mindless reading for the summer.

Ksam a dit…

Congratulations, glad all of your hardwork paid off!!

Brandi a dit…

That's so awesome, Congratulations!

deedee a dit…

Congratulations!

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien a dit…

felicitations!

Betty Carlson a dit…

This is commenting on a very old post -- wow, I see a lot of familiar faces on the comments!So I see you didn't do an English Teaching credential in Strasbourg. What did you do exactly? Feel free to email (it's on my Blogger profile...)

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts