vendredi 21 mai 2010
In a desperate attempt to find something, anything to talk about, I have been going through my unpublished blog posts, trying to find something to keep readers entertained (or at least, not give up on me for good) while I am busy with studying for my exams next week.

I found these pictures, taken last October. Apparently, for one weekend a year, nearby farmers bring in some of their animals to the different neighborhoods, so that city children can see what an actual cow looks (and smells) like.
I was quite surprised, on my Saturday morning trip to the grocery store, to come across cows, sheep, chickens, rabbits, and donkeys in the square right next to the tramway.

It was "La Ferme en Fête"! complete with, of course, a lunch. Au mênu: Roasted pig., potatos, 1 glass of wine, and a piece of apple pie for 10€.

Hey kids, not only can you see a pig, you can eat one too!

I found it slightly disturbing.

The animals seemed to take it well, perhaps they are the ones specially trained to be poked and prodded by 5 year olds, I don't know.








By the way, for anyone who doesn't get the reference in the title, it is a joke acronymn for PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).

2 commentaires:

Starman a dit…

I've never heard of PETA before. I don't think I'd be too hungry for any kind of meat after checking out the animals.

Brandi a dit…

While I sometimes cringe at the thought of seeing animals head before eating them.. When I was a kid it was completely normal to cook live crab/lobster and gross not to see it live before cooking. Probably gross if your aren't used it it. I think it is healthy to know that chicken isn't produced at the grocery store ;)

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts