jeudi 27 mai 2010
Whenever I come up to Strasbourg, I eat the strangest combination of meals in a week's time.
I usually bring with me in my suitcase: Special K cereal, a chocolate bar or two, some sandwich bread, a packet of spaghetti, a jar of peanut butter, and a few cans of tuna fish.

When I arrive on Sunday evenings, I go and buy:
another chocolate bar or two
milk
yogurt
some fruits (apples, oranges) and tomatos
soda
juice

For some reason, I always buy way too many tomatos. I keep forgetting that Alain is not here, and I have to eat all the tomatos I buy in a week's time.

Mondays: several peanut butter sandwiches in a row
Tuesdays and Wednesdays: spaghetti and tuna fish (Alain's favorite combination)

By the time Thursday/Friday come around, I am out of tuna fish and haven't eaten any of the fruits and tomatos, so I usually eat just apples and tomatos for a day or two, then it's back to Marseille. All that combined with one or two pretzels per day and the chocolate bars dispersed throughout the week.

In my defense, the kitchen is miniscule, and I can't do much more than boil something on the two hot plates. There is also a microwave and a mini refrigerator.

On the menu today:
Breakfast: yogurt, cereal
During the exam: two pretzels
Lunch: three tomatos with pepper (and there are still five left in the refrigerator)
While studying: Half a liter of grapefruit juice and the four remaining chocolate squares
Dinner: two bowls of tomato soup and soda

Sigh. And I wonder why my digestive system is in an uproar.

4 commentaires:

Brandi a dit…

Couldn't you buy a roast turkey leg or something -- just to shake things up? With roasted potatoes, that should only be like 10Euros and yummy, sure you could make it last 2 or 3 days ;)Hang in there, summer is coming.

Mwa a dit…

That reminds me of my diet when I was a student. (Only I had less fruit.) I ended up with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is very very very painful - so beware.

Anonyme a dit…

Yikes! I agree w/ french kiss...shake things up a bit! When you have time to...hopefully soon. Good luck w/ your exam!

I actually stumbled across your blog researching for an upcoming trip to Marseille. It's so hard to find quality insight in English...so I'm hoping you can share some advice for me on my 3-day trip next week. I would appreciate it TONS!

Starman a dit…

That's a lot of food. I don't eat that much in a month.

Blog Archive

Libellés

Favorite Posts