jeudi 15 mars 2012
I took an early train to Paris, arriving around 11 am. I took the subway to my hotel, and dropped off my luggage at the front desk. It started to drizzle, so I brought my umbrella with me as I headed back out to explore a bit. Walked around the Opera section, then down to the Louvre and along the Champs-Elysée. There were more tourists than I expected. It was a long walk. I stopped in some fancy stores, bought some postcards, and had an expensive coffee before taking the subway back to my hotel. I met a fellow student for dinner, who was there for the C and D exams, and we ate at a Japanese restaurant across from my hotel.
The next morning, I tried to study in the morning, had lunch at McDonald's, then headed over to the exam hall. I saw some other students I knew from my class in Strasbourg two years ago.
The exam went okay, though I did panic a bit. I thought it was the same trap as last year, but it turns out it wasn't. The subject was a self-cooling barrel. I used the full four hours for the exam.
Afterwards, some of the other students and I walked back to the hotel and had dinner in the hotel. They were taking the C exam the next day, so it was an early night.
The next morning, I checked out of the hotel and went to the National Intellectual Property Office. I wanted to browse in the library, and I met two other friends for lunch, who are patent examiners with the office. I then left to head for my train at 4:20, and arrived in Marseille at 7:30 pm. Alain met me at the train station and we took the subway home. A short, but hopefully productive visit to Paris that I won't have to repeat next year.

I wasn't able to take many pictures, as the camera battery quickly died. (Alain's camera is at least 10 years old).

3 commentaires:

deedee a dit…

Wishing you a 45 at least :)

Our Juicy Life a dit…

we were just in Paris too...missed you by 3 days. Love that city.

Rosie a dit…

But what is this exam? It sounds horrendous. Hope you passed with flying colours.

Blog Archive


Favorite Posts